How To Use Twitter To Help #SOG
There is many ways you can volunteer to support the Green Movement.
1. Sign up for a Twitter account if you don’t have one.
2. Click on “Find People”.
3. Click on Browse Suggestions.
4. Click on News or Politics and choose people/organizations to follow.
5. My blog covers many Tweets in which you could click on to follow that are great resources for information.
6. Once you are following people supporting the Green Movement inside Iran, read what they are Tweeting. If you think it is important to spread the information to bring awareness to the plight of the Iranian people struggling for human rights then click on the option to Re-Tweet.
A RT is a Re-Tweet on Twitter. Someone sends out a message and then the people who are following that person can read it and if they like what is being said they ReTweet the message to the people following them. At the end of the day, a very polite thing to do is acknowledge those who are supporting your work.
There is a search box on the right hand side of your Twitter page right underneath the link Retweets. You can search for #hashtags there. It is important to remember to place “Hashtags” in your post. Hashtags (#) mentions themes like: #FollowFriday Love *¨`*»—(¯`v´¯)—»¨`*, which is also #FF. The one’s for assisting the people of Iran are: #IRANELECTION, #SOG, #IRAN, #TEHRAN and are all very important to include when you write on any subject regarding Iran.
All you have to do is click on that hashtag when you see it and you can see Real Time tweets regarding that particular subject.
You can now create your own list and join other lists of people. These usually are lists with the persons twitter name and theme. People can join the lists and whatever you are Tweeting will go to the list, and the other people who joined it can follow you and you them.
If You could commit to 1 Re-Tweet a day – the difference that would make in awareness would be phenomenal. Imagine if every one was doing it – that would awaken the world’s attention on what’s happening inside Iran. Any thing we can do … we should.
By the way, once you start – you can’t stop with just one Re-Tweet. You’ll see 🙂